5p north variant

Share big alternative variants (similar to and expansion), or maybe just talk/discuss small alternations to the official rules for better balance!
xxremcioo1
Reactions: 0

Dear Lords and Ladies of Westeros!

I would like to present to you a 5p north variant in which the available houses are Stark, Greyjoy, Lannister, Baratheon and Arryn (with a deck and setup from MoD) and the south is impassable (the borders are like in 3p or 4p, so everything south from Searoad Marches, The Reach and the Kingswood is impassable, excluding the Arbor and the seas).

I have tested it once and in this variant the board is pretty dense and fighting is guaranteed from the round 1. Each player has exactly 2 neigbours (except Greyjoy and Arryn bordering each other although I think they have better places to send their soldiers to). All in all, no one may feel safe and alliances can switch rapidly.

The only thing that I wonder about is whether the victory points needed to win should be decreased to 6 castles, but that is something to discuss. This would make winning easier, especially for Greyjoy, but it may be hard if not almost impossible to get 7 castles by, for example, Arryn or Baratheon. Besides, all the rules remain unchanged.

Tell me please what you think about this. I may suggest to add it later as a variant to the Swords & Ravens to play and enjoy :) And, of course, a name is needed for this variant! Maybe "War of The Five Kings", from the book, although the kings are different?

xxremcioo