Crows and Dragons Tourney

carcan
Reactions: 0

Lighthammer wrote: 06 Dec 2022, 11:53 I kicked him from 7, you can enter now.
Done, thanks
kolasaft

I would like to join. Didn't know about this until late...

IGN is kolasaft
https://swordsandravens.net/user/e240fa ... 579dd79bb7

Tried DM, some bug

Discord is Salen#5313

Maybe easier to coordinate there?
carcan

Lighthammer wrote: 19 Nov 2022, 20:01 Hello, community!
I am happy to announce the 1st Crows and Dragons Tourney here at SNR, that I will try to organize for you (and me :P)! My intent is to be the first multi-expansion GoT and SNR tournament that would include all of the expansions: A Feast for Crows, A Dance with Dragons, probably Mother of Dragons. And the standart 2nd edition, of course.

Rules of the tournament:
1. Total number of players: 24. If the registered players are more than that, players would be selected by the requirements bellow, which would be considered as a whole, not separately.
2. Requirements (can be changed and not taken very strictly, but try to fit in those to have better chance to qualify):
1) Fast PBEM speed: PBEM Average response time < 8 hours;
2) Finished SNR games > 3;
3) Ongoing games < 13.
3. Game rules and modes: All games will be PBEM, faceless, with random Houses, and standard rules, except: adding a port for house Arryn in AFFC expansion; and adding the Iron Bank in all games.
4. Number and variety of games: There would be 3 rounds. Every round will consists of 6-8 simultaneous games of multiple expansions.
1st Round: 2 games of 2nd ed; 2 AFFC games, 2 ADWD games, 2 MOD games. Top 12 qualify for 2nd round.
2nd Round (Semifinals): 1 AFFC game, 2 ADWD game, 3 2nd ed. Top 6 qualify for the Final.
3rd Round (Final): 2 ADWD games, 4 2nd ed.
5. Points: 1 per castle, stronghold or point for AFFC exp - max 7, 3 points per win. Maximum of 10 for a game.
6. Tie breakers for standings: 1) Number of wins; 2) Number of clean wins; 3) Speed.
7. Penalties:
1. No action within 48 hours without warning – 2 points. The action would be taken by a High Member of SNR.
2. No action within 72 hours with warning – 2 points. The action would be taken by a High Member of SNR.
8. Other rules:
- No kingmaking restrictions. Still, if a player makes a decision that doesnt benefit him AND clearly benefits only another player, that situation will be reviewed by three High Members. They can make a decision to ban a player that 'plays for someone else'.
- No revealing of identity. Crossgaming leads to ban from the tournament. You can make screenshots of conversations and send signals to me.

Every suggestions are appreciated. You can sign in by writing to me here, or the Discord channel, or the main chat window at SNR. The intent is to start the tournament by the beginning of December or the middle of it at the most. So you have plenty of time to improve your stats. :P
Go and enlist yourself! Try your skills against the best SNR players! Just send me link to your SNR account and that's it.
Discord server?
Lighthammer
Reactions: 1
Favorite AGOT House: Targaryen

Guys, I am sorry that I didnt posted here the changes about the points system that I planned to make and after a discussion at Discord, everybody agreed on them and I applied them for Round 1 of the tournament and the rest of it.
Their idea is simply taking into account your position at the final standings of a game AND getting more points by winning and getting higher position in the games with more players.

So the new point system is simply using this formula for scoring points in a game from the SNR Tourney:
Points from castles/objective points + (Total number of players in game - Your standing in the game) + 3 points for victory.
Example 1: You finish 2nd in AFFC game with scoring 5 points. Your points for the tournament are: 5 + (4-2) = 7.
Example 2: You finish 1st in ADWD game with 7 castles. Your points for the tournament are: 7 + (6-1) + 3 (victory) = 15.
Example 3: You finish 7th in MOD game with 1 castle. Your points for the tournament are: 1 + (8-7) = 2.
In that way the maximum you can get is: AFFC - 13 points (7 from objective points, 3 for standing, 3 for victory), ADWD and 2nd Ed - 15 points, MOD - 17 points.

I am sorry that we've implemented these changes along the way but we consider them much better for the tournament. And I am sorry again that I didnt asked you guys here, I simply forgot about the forum. Totally my bad.
Feel free to speak anything that's on your mind.
Lighthammer

Some changes after in the rules of the tournament after discussions:

Penalties: Don't warn other players about delays in your moves, that way you can reveal your identity. The rule becomes: No move for 72 hours gets you 2 points of penalty and a High Member makes the move.

Change in tie breakers for the standings: 1) Number of wins; 2) Number of clean wins; 3) Total areas controlled; 4) Speed.
Lighthammer

So 1st Stage of the Tourney is over! 2nd Stage will begin this weekend. The games would be: 2xAFFC, 2xADWD, 2x2nd Ed. Top 6 qualify for the final where the games would be 2xADWD, 4x2nd Ed.
Here you can check the standings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The players that qualify for the 2nd Stage are:
1 dankavol
2 Lighthammer
3 Tobby
4 ihor.lypchuk
5 ccm_576
6 Gereon
7 hadook
8 MackIemore
9 Cubehead
10 Peres
11 tuby
12 Slyardach

The players that didn't qualify are:
13 secret_strategem
14 Ho-dor
15 Jason77
16 Crown
17 TFkGuiscard
18 Kbuk
19 keslin
20 Chanbara
21 KevinL
22 jaxmohnson
23 18HopeCSF
24 tschesky

Players that didn't qualify: write here or in the main chat if you want me to include you in the next Tourney or maybe League format.
Lighthammer

The draw for the semifinals has passed. You can check your games here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
The password is 'snr'
Lighthammer

The first Crows and Dragons Tourney has finished, and the ultimate champion is ihor.lypchuk! Congratulations for his flawess performance!

The next tourney will begin probably in mid September and I will start signing players probably at the beginning of September.

If you want to sign in early, write me in Discord or in the Forum.
Lighthammer

Hey, guys! I hope you are really looking forward to the second Crows and Dragons Tourney like myself! 😄 I am starting to register people for the tournament now, so you are free to write me - here or anywhere. I just need a link ot your SNR profile and that's it. Any of the 'old dogs' who already participated in the tournament, don't need to do that.

Rules of the tournament:
Total number of players: 24 or 36. If the registered players are more than that, players would be selected by the requirements bellow, which would be considered as a whole, not separately.
Requirements (they are not taken very strictly, but try to fit in those for better chance to qualify):
1) Fast PBEM speed: PBEM Average response time < 8 hours;
2) Finished SNR games > 3;
3) Ongoing games < 13.
Game rules and modes: All games will be PBEM, Faceless, with random Houses, and standard rules, except: adding the Iron Bank in all games.
Number and variety of games: There would be 3 rounds. Every round will consists of 6-8 simultaneous games of multiple expansions.
Points: Number of castles/points + (Total number of players in the game - Your position) + 3 points for victory.
Tie breakers for standings: 1) Number of wins; 2) Number of clean wins; 3) Total land area controlled; 4)
Sum of supply in all games; 5) Sum of positions on IT track in all games (lower - better); 6) Speed.
If you don't make a move for 48 hours, the action would be taken by a High Member of SNR and you get -1 Penalty Point.
Other rules:
NO KINGMAKING RESTRICTIONS.
No revealing of identity in any game. Crossgaming leads to ban from the tournament. You can make screenshots of conversations and send signals to me.
Link to the official file for the tournament - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Lighthammer

The draw has been taken. All participants must find their games and join them. The password is 'second'.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing