Burning Ships!

Share big alternative variants (similar to and expansion), or maybe just talk/discuss small alternations to the official rules for better balance!
18HopeCSF
Reactions: 0
Favorite AGOT House: Arryn

One of the things I always found kind of "unreal" in Mother of Dragons was that Dragons can't do anything against ships....

So.... what do you think about Dragons being able to burn some Ships?? :fire: :fire: :fire:

They can't land on the water, so maybe they should attack and go back to the place they came from.
And maybe, consider navies are usually weaker in raw strenght than armies, they should attack with a penalty of -1.

This is only a brainstorming, hoping to hear some ideas... :thinking:
"Many people have died for their beliefs; it’s actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe"
Lighthammer
Reactions: 1
Favorite AGOT House: Targaryen

I too thought about that and also Dragons to support sea battles when adjacent to their position (and have Support order, of course), but I think they didn't implement such things because Targ would become too powerful.
Gereon
Reactions: 11
Favorite AGOT House: Stark

In general I like the idea and it already was introduced in geekosas heavy MoD variant. Based on this I already added some github issues, describing some custom game features which could be integrated. Feel free to transfer them here as ideas, allowing to upvote them.

Here is the issue for this thread: https://github.com/Longwelwind/swords-a ... ssues/1214

But it makes Targ quite strong as he can attack safely from everywhere every sea, burning some ships and returns save to the starting region.... This will probably increase the pressure on the Westerosis to ally and wipe out Targ as early as possible together.
Tex

Targaryen is already insanely powerful.. I don't even want to think about if this was the case :P
Gereon
Reactions: 11
Favorite AGOT House: Stark

But is Targaryen really so powerful? I haven't seen much 8p games where Targaryen won yet but I have seen many where Targaryen got wiped out in round 5. And I guess that's the biggest problem with MoD overall. You know you have to handle Targ early before their dragons become too strong and experienced players form an early anti Targ ally which makes playing Targ quite tough fmpov. You can be the ultimate strategist but you simply have no chance when you get attacked from 2 or more sides...
Tex

Gereon wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 11:22 But is Targaryen really so powerful? I haven't seen much 8p games where Targaryen won yet but I have seen many where Targaryen got wiped out in round 5. And I guess that's the biggest problem with MoD overall. You know you have to handle Targ early before their dragons become too strong and experienced players form an early anti Targ ally which makes playing Targ quite tough fmpov. You can be the ultimate strategist but you simply have no chance when you get attacked from 2 or more sides...
Is Targ too strong? Yes.
But exactly my point. This is why my balance fix is needed to make Targaryen stay strong, but not make it feel like the other houses has go gang up and destroy them before round 6, which is the current way of doing it. So you play a few games, sees that Targayen is insanely powerful, and then the next games that player will just get pummeled by everyone else. That is no fun for anyone..