Do you think we will ever see a 3rd Edition? And if so, what would it contain?

For all discussions about A Game of Thrones: The Board Game, that do not fit in any other category.
Tex
Reactions: 1
Favorite AGOT House: Arryn

To be honest, I don't think we will see another edition, though I would LOVE to be wrong. Before Mother of Dragons was announced, I was absolutely sure that we would never see more content to the second edition game. So imagine my shock when FFG dropped the bomb about MoD. I was shocked!

So, if FFG were to bring another edition to the world, what would it contain?
Major changes to the base game? (changed areas on the game board, changed house cards etc)
Or just new stuff?

Example:
White walkers NPC "house", which have their own units. (wrights, white walkers, and ice dragon). They have their own event deck, which provides instructions for movements and events that players need to react upon/affects them.
Niemi
Reactions: 2
Favorite AGOT House: Lannister

Decreasing Balon power (1 instead of 2, it could be swapped with Asha or Dagmar)
Recounting supply every turn as in DwD mod
Making garrisons in any of your castles by spending mustering points and/or tokens when Mustering card is on
Tex

Niemi wrote: 14 May 2020, 15:58 Decreasing Balon power (1 instead of 2, it could be swapped with Asha or Dagmar)
Recounting supply every turn as in DwD mod
Making garrisons in any of your castles by spending mustering points and/or tokens when Mustering card is on
Yeah the Balon swap is definitely something that should have been implemented :grin: A reason why I removed this card from my games lol.
I like the supply recount, makes fighting for supply much more important. But what would you replace the supply related westeros cards with?
Niemi

Tex wrote: 14 May 2020, 23:07 I like the supply recount, makes fighting for supply much more important. But what would you replace the supply related westeros cards with?
I'm mistaken, supply recount is from Feast for Crows addon which has new Westeros deck with tasks. So it's a point to think what would it be the base game
Longwelwind
Reactions: 4
Favorite AGOT House: Tyrell

One thing that I'd like to see if a better Wildling mechanic. When I introduce the game to new players, they are always a bit disappointed by how simple the Wildling attacks are handled, compared to how they are in the books/TV show. I understand that making armies physically appears in the North would create an imbalance, but finding a way to make them have a bigger impact on the game without breaking balance would be nice!

Apart from a 3rd edition, It'd be cool if they could make an simpler version of AGoT:BG that would strip some of the features while keeping the core of the gameplay. Something that would take less than 2 hours to finish and be more easily teachable. This could act as a "gateway drug" by allowing seasoned players to more easily convince new players to learn the game. :smile:
1 Image
geekosa

I think we may see it.
They will create the electronic variant of the game, it may hilight some issues in the game. The only way to change it is to launch a 3rd edition.

We would see a reworked Balon with only 1-str.
We would see a reworked Dark Wing Dark Words card.
I think it would be a 7p game by default. (Targaryen would still be an expansion).
We may see another set of cards (like Targaryen decks A/B) based of DwD.
It could be great if they implement the house special order (usable once per game) like in the 1st edition (CoK expansion if I remember well).
I hope we would see some changes in areas and borders.

If they implement these changes on the electronic version before, they can test the balance beforce launching it in the board game version.
Niemi

maybe we will see improved diplomacy - peace treatys ingame, if you have one you are restricted to attack the other side. you would have diplomacy card which you can pass and return when the treaty is over
Tex

Niemi wrote: 31 May 2020, 19:13 maybe we will see improved diplomacy - peace treatys ingame, if you have one you are restricted to attack the other side. you would have diplomacy card which you can pass and return when the treaty is over
Interesting suggestion. It would help a lot for those who do not enjoy the back-stabbing nature of AGOT.
Niemi

I would like to enable a possibility to make more than 1 battle at 1 move, when you divide your army to different regions. That will add more complexity and new balance, new strategy ways in the game
18HopeCSF
Reactions: 0

Longwelwind wrote: 15 May 2020, 10:57 Apart from a 3rd edition, It'd be cool if they could make an simpler version of AGoT:BG that would strip some of the features while keeping the core of the gameplay. Something that would take less than 2 hours to finish and be more easily teachable. This could act as a "gateway drug" by allowing seasoned players to more easily convince new players to learn the game. :smile:
That would be quite a thing certainly... I've teached this game a dozen times, and boy... it's like dropping a bomb on a head XD

BUT! I think you all are forgetting something!! The game never got to show the endgame of the story! What about the winter? What about the white walkers? What about the Night King!??

I would love to see a gamechanger like the Night arriving. If you didn't win by that time, well... tighten your belts and start thinking how to face the snow and the dark.

I thought some time about doing something like that, something like Deck IV but of snow falling in different places and making more difficult the marches, the battles and holding the castles. I'll see if I get back the file :)
"Many people have died for their beliefs; it’s actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe"