Ravens Tournament

For all discussions about A Game of Thrones: The Board Game, that do not fit in any other category.
18HopeCSF
Reactions: 0
Favorite AGOT House: Arryn

I tried at some point helping with organizing a Tournament but I didn't work... too much mobility and replacements.

But I think now with Feast for Crows we could arrange a small tournament with more reliability.

So... Who wants to play a Small League using Feast for Crows??

:grimacing:
"Many people have died for their beliefs; it’s actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe"
Gereon
Reactions: 11
Favorite AGOT House: Stark

Hi Hope! Count me in for such a tournament, I love the FFC expansion!

In adddition I could add a "Tournament mode" which disables the possibility to replace players. But I fear this will lead to many stalled games. Any suggestions how to handle quitters in tournaments properly are very welcome and as always I try my best to satisfy your needs.

Cheers
18HopeCSF

Not sure if disabling replacements is worthy... But a Small Token indicating the game is a Tournament one would be cool! I just checked too and we can place this icon 🏆 in the game title (I didn't know this was possible).

Let's see what you people think of this:

⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
🏆 League of Ravens 🏆

A Small Tournament to keep the community connected and competitive! Playing the Wonderful Expansion Feast for Crows

Format
  • Each Person will play 4 games. One with each House: Stark, Arryn, Baratheon and Lannister
  • All players will be matched against the rest, depending on the number of participants. (I think 4 to 6 would be Ok by now)
  • Any unfinished game after 1 month of the Start Date will be accounted considering last turn standings.
Requirements
  • Having Previously Played Feast for Crows Expansion
  • Being Member of Discord Server
  • Average PBEM response time: Less than 7 Hours
Game Creation
  • Title (Copy/Paste): 🏆 League of Ravens S1 G00
  • Password: Ravens
  • Options: Choose Houses
  • Options: Port in The Eyrie
Score
  • 3 Points to the Winner of the game
  • 1 Point per Victory Point Scored
  • A spreedsheet will be available registering standings along the road
⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
Last edited by 18HopeCSF on 25 Feb 2022, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
"Many people have died for their beliefs; it’s actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe"
KevinL
Favorite AGOT House: Greyjoy

Keen 😊

You might also consider running a follow-on tournament of winners (semi finals, quarter finals, finals) based on the final standings after 4 games maybe with randomised houses?
18HopeCSF

What do you mean by that KevinL? A 2nd Phase? One Final Match Randomised?

Not really sure if I'd like that... I'd prefer to have "Seasons" every month with a restart and the possibility of new players to join and old players to drop if they want.
KevinL
Favorite AGOT House: Greyjoy

Yeah I don't have any issues with that, was just wondering what a tiebreaker scenario would look like (say we end the season with 4 players all on 20 points, perhaps we should then have a final champions of champions match to determine the overall winner)
Gereon
Reactions: 11
Favorite AGOT House: Stark

The Iron Bank probably brings too much chaos? Pyromancer on White Harbor can be disastrous for Stark...
Lighthammer
Reactions: 1
Favorite AGOT House: Targaryen

Remove the '20 finished games' requirement (cause I currently have 14 here :D)
18HopeCSF

So, For the moment we have:
º 18HopeCSF
º Gereon
º KevinL
º Lighthammer
º jaxmohnson
Toggerz
Reactions: 1
Favorite AGOT House: Lannister

Sounds interesting.