All it does, is make is much more likely to get stalled games as the players leave, especially during a live game. You cannot expect a person to sit around for another 3 hours if he has nothing left.
Player elimination is also present on Thronemaster.
Elimination works very similar to vassals across the board. This will also make it much easier to implement.
Once a player:
- Does not have any castles.
- Does not have any land units.
- Does not hold a dominance token. (if he does, this check will be performed again on the next round).
- Using MoD/Vassals: Convert any remaining ship units (if any) to vassal units of his house.
- Using base game/Not vassals: Convert any remaining ship units (if any) to neutral forces (functions just like a neutral garrison).
- During bids, the eliminated house automatically bids 0, regardless of how many power tokens he had left.
- The eliminated house cannot be chosen for wildling effects (immune, just like vassals).
- The eliminated house can be moved by the Iron Throne holder, and if he holds a dominance token, its effect will go to the second house on the track (just like vassals).