What does the official digital version mean for SnR?

Talk about the SnR online platform, coding behind the game/website/forum and anything that isn't related to bugs or idea suggestions (those have their own sections).
Tex
Reactions: 1
Favorite AGOT House: Arryn

I think that SnR (and thronemaster for that matter), will still have a place for players to use, even after the official version is out. For several reasons:
  • PBEM. (this is a big one, for such a long game that is AGOT)
  • Based on Asmodee Digital previous records, they releasing all the expansions is a big IF. Terraforming Mars still only has the base game, and it has been out for a long time.
  • The community.
  • Close communication with developer/easier to implement changes and other features.
  • You can play on your phone.
    etc.
Of course the official version has some stunning visuals, campaign etc. So I think people will enjoy both options :)

And since SnR is a non-profit site, I do hope and believe that FFG will leave it alone. They don't really have a reason to strike down on sites that has kept the AGOT interest up, which will benefit them for sales of the official version.
Niemi
Reactions: 2
Favorite AGOT House: Lannister

PBEM is the main point. A lot of people (including me) doesn't have much time for live sessions, so e-mail is preferable
Visuals are great but after an hour of beta testing I got tired of bright colours, animations which sometimes make complicated to acquire full picture of a game (looking at SnR map I can easily catch positions and power of every competitor etc.)
1 Image
Gereon
Reactions: 11
Favorite AGOT House: Stark

Niemi wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 15:07 Visuals are great but after an hour of beta testing I got tired of bright colours, animations which sometimes make complicated to acquire full picture of a game (looking at SnR map I can easily catch positions and power of every competitor etc.)
I have exactly the same feeling. The UI looks nice, but it's a board game. I want to have a quick look on the board to realize whats going on. The screenshots I saw so far looked nice but I have to deeply look into them to get the details. I prefer a clean 2d design over a great 3d one in that case.