Translation to other languages

Suggest, vote and comment on ideas for improving Swords and Ravens! (game, website, forum).
18HopeCSF
Reactions: 0
Favorite AGOT House: Arryn

Hi everyone!

I wanted to ask if there're plans or anyone thought about translating some of the content to other languages?

I have no knowledge of programming so I don't know how possible this is, but I think having some content in other languages could help improve the base of players around and their commitment.

Taking the example from thronemaster, maybe it could be done in certain parts of the "Gaming" Section instead of the whole page which might be more difficult... Or viceversa!
"Many people have died for their beliefs; it’s actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe"
Niemi
Reactions: 2
Favorite AGOT House: Lannister

yes, another languages can attract more people. Some friends of mine would come here if there will be Russian localization
Tex
Reactions: 1

Definitely. A good suggestion to help grow the platform to areas where they mostly/prefer use their native language. =)
18HopeCSF
Reactions: 0

It would be a nice touch yeah, but I think it has to be done by Longelwind and not Gereon... it seems like a feature of the website, and not the game part that Gereon handles...

For the time being I'm working on coordinating the Translations on Thronemaster, if at some point it's possible to do it here I'll be more than happy to help here :D
"Many people have died for their beliefs; it’s actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe"
Gereon
Reactions: 11
Favorite AGOT House: Stark

Basically this is something which would be handled by the game server itself, so it could be done by me. But it's a very very very huge change and refactoring necessary to declare all texts in a resource table.

So I just tried out this browser add on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ginas-web/ and this works quite well for me. It even translates the chat to German quite well :D